I was helping Bria with her homework tonight. It's funny how new vocabulary can really not make sense to a kindergartner. First, she was telling me that their big test is tomorrow (I think it's the IRI). We've been practicing for months, so she should be fine. She said that the teacher has a treat for them if they give their best "effort". "Mom, the problem is, I don't know what an 'effort' is!" Too funny.
Then, later, as we were doing her reading, she had to match one of three words to a picture. The picture was an old style fountain pen that you dip in ink. The three word choices were: pan, pen, pin. She said. "I know the right answer is pen, but why did they put a paint brush in the picture?" I told her that it wasn't a paint brush, but an old-fashioned kind of pen that they used to dip in ink. In reply, she said, "But, I just don't understand why it's so fashionable."
1 comment:
She's so funny. It cracks me up the way their growing minds work.
Post a Comment